Do you wish to hide your smile because of a few dental flaws? If the answer to this question is “Yes,” you can now easily resolve such a problem. Kudos to advancements in dental technology; your dental flaws can be addressed and corrected with a full mouth reconstruction. It not just improves the appearance of your smile but also restores your oral function.
No matter how severe your dental flaws are, they can be fixed by undergoing full mouth reconstruction. Find out how a full mouth reconstruction could help you by scheduling an examination with your dentist immediately. In this blog, we will discuss some important aspects of this topic.
What Is A Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction or restoration is an area of dentistry that uses one or more dental operations to restore, rebuild, or reconstruct a patient’s oral function and appearance.
Your full mouth reconstruction treatment plan will differ from the one recommended for another patient since everyone has different needs. Depending on your requirements, the treatment span may vary from a few weeks to many years.
Who Can Utilize The Benefits Of This Treatment?
A full mouth reconstruction is advantageous for everyone with a dental flaw. Some of the common dental issues that can be treated with this treatment are:
- Serious dental decay
- Suffering from problems related to missing teeth
- Having chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Formation of yellow stains on the teeth
- Facing periodontal or gum problems
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Worn out teeth due to bruxism or teeth grinding
- Having issues such as overbite, crossbite, underbite
- Misaligned, misshapen, or uneven teeth
- Suffering dental trauma
Are You A Perfect Candidate For Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Patients with complicated or numerous dental defects typically require a full mouth reconstruction. Consult your dentist for an examination if you want to be sure if going for a full mouth reconstruction can be an ideal choice in your case. The dentist will examine your teeth, gums, jawbone, facial tissues, and other oral components if you need this treatment.
Know The Treatment Procedure
If your dentist thinks that you are eligible for full mouth reconstruction, they will start the procedure that involves the stages mentioned below.
- Treatment Plan – The dentist will ask a few questions to get to know you better before coming up with a treatment plan. He/she will be curious about your general and oral wellness. Make sure your dentist is aware of any current medications you are taking or potential medical issues you may have. The dentist will make imprints, take X-rays, and take pictures of your mouth and areas that require treatment.
The dentist will design your treatment plan once they have all the relevant data. They will tell you the treatment’s benefits, risks, and other important information. You should ask any questions regarding the treatment plan during the appointment.
- Full Reconstruction Treatments – It’s essential to keep in mind that full mouth reconstruction involves a variety of dental operations, including bridges, dental implants, root canals, and orthodontics with Invisalign®. The dentist will schedule these steps properly to ensure a treatment plan.
The length of the treatment will vary depending on each procedure. For instance, a bone transplant requires three to six months to cure before an implant can be placed. You might need to wait an additional three to six months to allow the implant to recover before a dental crown is placed. Consult your dentist for a precise time estimate.
- Follow-up Appointments – The dentist can arrange follow-up appointments to check on your development after a successful treatment procedure. Maintain healthy dental routines and habits to keep your new smile looking fabulous for longer once the treatment is completed.
What Are The Benefits Of Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Some of the benefits of this treatment are:
- Better oral health and hygiene – It might sometimes be challenging to eat and clean your teeth properly due to dental issues. A tooth reconstruction will correct these issues, get rid of any uncomfortable symptoms, and enhance the way your bite works. Eating, chewing, speaking, brushing, and flossing will all be painless for you. Your oral health and hygiene will also improve as a result.
- Good for your overall health – There is a strong connection between dental health and general health. A high risk of health disorders like diabetes, autoimmune illnesses, and cardiovascular diseases are intimately linked to poor dental hygiene and wellness. Always remember that your entire body is more like to be healthy when your mouth is clean and in good condition.
- Improved appearance & oral function – Treatment procedures like dental implants considerably improve oral health and bite function. You can be very confident while laughing and eat everything you want.
- Correction of the facial structure – A full mouth reconstruction strengthens and restores your gums and jaw, ultimately lifting and maintaining the structure of your face. By doing this, wrinkles, facial drooping, and early aging can be avoided with ease.
Book an appointment at Dental Artistry if you are looking for the best full mouth reconstruction treatment in Irving, TX. Give us a call to schedule an appointment today!