If you have a missing tooth, then you ought to pay extra attention to it as it may cause an imbalance in your oral system and can also make you feel awkward. Isn’t it? Here, Dental Bridge comes into play. With this dental procedure, you can easily replace your missing teeth with artificial ones.
What is a Dental Bridge?
A Dental Bridge is a custom-made replacement of a tooth, usually termed as a pontic. Your dentist installs it between either of the two teeth. The bridge fixes with your original teeth on both sides of the gap, left by the lost teeth.
Bridges are designed of porcelain, gold, alloys, or a mix of these materials. And they look pretty similar to the shape of your natural teeth.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are four kinds of dental bridges available. These are as follows:
Your dentist will advise you which kind of bridge is apt for you based on your goals and other specific requirements.
Benefits of Dental Bridge
When you have lost a tooth or teeth, it may affect your overall health status as well in many ways. A dental bridge can be a good fix to all these health issues and prevent further complications. Let’s check out the benefits:
- Dental Bridges are generally small and lightweight.
- Improves your chewing ability
- Enhances your smile
- Guards your natural teeth against moving out
- Comfortable to wear and very effective
- Gives you an aesthetic appearance since it blends in seamlessly with your natural teeth
- Maintains your facial structure
- Retrieves your capability to speak
- Their durability and stability is much better compared to Dentures
- The process is less invasive and they are more affordable than Dental Implants
- Before providing a dental bridge, your dentist will check 2 healthy teeth on either side of the lost tooth or teeth.
- Secondly, your dentist will make a model of your tooth/teeth to custom-build your bridge.
- Next, you will receive a temporary bridge while your permanent one gets designed in the lab.
- Once it is ready, the dentist plants your permanent bridge and cements it to the neighboring original teeth.
There is also another technique, where your dentist surgically plants the bridge in your jaw.
How much does a Dental Bridge Cost?
The cost of Dental Bridges depends on the type of bridge that you choose:
- Traditional or cantilever bridges cost $2,000 – $5,000 approximately for one pontic and a crown for a single abutment tooth.
- Maryland bridges cost $1,500 – $2,500 or more for one pontic with the framework, or wings, fixed to the abutment teeth.
- An implant-supported bridge costs $5,000 – $15,000 approximately for a bridge with two dental implants covering 3-4 teeth.
How to care for your Bridges?
Dental bridges can stay for 5-15 years and even longer. But this can only happen if you take good care of them. They might also fail, due to the failure of the cement. And for that:
- Have soft foods and minimize your intake of sugar items
- Always implement proper oral habits like brushing, flossing, rinsing your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash
- See your dentist for regular check-ups.
Get the Help you need!
We hope this blog was helpful for you to explore more about Dental Bridges. Now, if you are looking for the best dental team to get teeth restoration services, then definitely visit our dentist in Irving at Dental Artistry. We offer the best Dental Bridges in Irving, TX. We are eager to meet you and see you smile. Call us @ (469) 656-4025 or book an appointment online.