If you have missing teeth, then dentures can be your best friend. They can help you in regaining your confidence and enjoying social gatherings without feeling embarrassed. Our dentists at Dental Artistry have answered all your questions related to dentures. Keep reading to find out more!
What are Dentures?
Let us first find out what dentures are from your favorite Irving dentist. These devices are primarily false teeth used to fill the empty gaps after tooth loss. They are attached to a metal frame and inserted into your mouth. They look and function like your natural teeth, restoring your functionality and allowing you to resume your normal life. They are very convenient and will provide you with enough support. What are you waiting for? Get the best dentures in Irving, TX today!
Perks Of Using Dentures?
Your favorite dentist in Irving has listed the benefits of dentures below for greater understanding.
- Elevates your looks and brings back your lost confidence.
- Dentures are easier to clean and maintain than other devices.
- Dentures can provide you with a much youthful appearance. They prevent your facial muscles from drooping down thereby retaining your original facial structure.
- Improves the functioning of your teeth. You can get back your chewing abilities and enjoy your favorite food items.
- Dentures are very cheap and affordable options when it comes to tooth replacement.
How Much Are Dentures?
Now let us find out how much are dentures. On average, a complete set of upper dentures costs around $1,600. A denture set for your lower jaw would also fall under the same price range. A partial set typically costs around $700 and $3000. For a more precise estimate, speak with your Irving dentist. However, it is best not to let the price come in the way of quality dental care.
Tips To Maintain Your Dentures
Given below are some tips and tricks by the best dentist in Irving that can help you to maintain your dentures and ensure that they last longer.
- You must be very gentle while using these appliances. They are very brittle and could break apart in the slightest pressure.
- You can use special cleaning solutions to avoid any bacterial buildup in your dentures.
- Brush them regularly with gentle pressure using a soft toothbrush. You must floss as well and make sure to rinse them after each meal.
- You can soak your dentures in plain water when you are not using them. They need to be moist.
- You must carry your dentures along with you during your regular visits to your Irving dentist. Your dentist will thoroughly examine them and clean them for you to avoid any complications.
We hope this blog has provided you with all the relevant information on dentures. Get in touch with us at Dental Artistry for the best dentures in Irving, TX.
Dental implants refer to the replacement of a damaged tooth, with a new and artificial one. It is usually done by implanting a titanium root into the jawbone and placing a well-carved crown on top of the abutment on the root. A denture, on the other hand, is more common and affordable. It is a full arch of teeth, containing either the lower jaw, the upper jaw or both. It is made to fit onto your gums, and look perfectly natural. So, you would think that it is a perfect alternative to implants; correct? Well, no! You may wonder how it could be feasible to choose implants over dentures, especially if a patient has lost all his/her teeth in either or both of the jaws. The following sections in the article are set to change your mind!
The concept of All on 4 Implants
Often considered to be a breakthrough in modern dentistry, all on 4 implants do not require you to implant each of your teeth. All it takes, is just 4 precisely placed implants in either of the jaws, to bring back a full smile! The four implants consist of 16 crowns in total, designed in a way to fit perfectly into your jawbone. Since this type of implant requires precise control, most of the implants are endosteal titanium implants. In case a patient has lost all the teeth in both of the jaws, the number of implants needed would be 8. Thus, on an average, each implant supports 4 crowns, unlike traditional dental implants, which have a root, an abutment and a crown to make one tooth implant. If it is not clear to you already why all on 4 dental implants are fantastic denture alternatives, read about the drawbacks of dentures in the next section, followed by the corresponding advantages of all on 4 implants.
Drawbacks of dentures
- They feel highly bulky, especially upper dentures that cover the entire roof of the mouth.
- Lower dentures are constantly subject to dislodge, due to the movements of various muscles, such as the tongue.
- Dentures may not fit into everybody’s jaws. There are some jaw shapes that do not perfectly fit any shape or size of dentures, thereby making the denture unstable.
- Jaw shapes change over time, and this is why dentures have to be relined on a regular basis.
Advantages of all on 4 implants
- Since these implants are rooted in the jawbone, they feel absolutely natural and face no hassles of being dislodged.
- Implants give the dentist a control over the shape of the ridges, as per the shape of the jawbone. Therefore, there is no concern about ‘fit’ when it comes to implants.
- Despite jaw shapes changing over time, the implant is rooted in the jawbone and hence, there is no hassle of relining associated with it.
- Dental implants are known to last for decades, unlike dentures. This means that implants are more cost-effective.
- Since they fuse with the bone, dental implants are believed to make your jawbone stronger.
- Unlike dentures, they do not pose you the threat of coming off, and neither do you have to take them off to brush your teeth. To put this into perspective, an all on 4 implants would save you from a ton of embarrassments, which dentures could put you into!
As could be understood, it is no wonder why all on 4 dental implants are considered to be a breakthrough in modern. These are highly beneficial alternatives to dentures, especially for older patients. Now that you know which the better alternative is, which one would you choose or recommend?