Most people may find the idea of getting a root canal intimidating because there are many misconceptions about the treatment being excruciatingly painful. Contrary to the myth, a root canal should not be painful when done correctly and is nothing to be afraid of.
Root canal therapy reduces discomfort, improves a tooth’s health, and avoids tooth extraction. Understanding the basics of a root canal procedure is essential while getting ready for it. The pulp chamber of every tooth contains the tooth pulp. The tooth pulp consists of the nerve and blood vessels of the tooth. You need to know that an infected tooth pulp can lead to immense pain and discomfort. Some of the probable causes of infections are – a chip or crack on the tooth’s surface or severe dental decay.
The infected pulp is painlessly removed during a root canal procedure, and the tooth is then cleansed, sterilized, filled, and sealed with gutta-percha (a rubber-like substance). The tooth is then covered with a filling or a crown to restore its function and protect it from mouth irritants. Even if the procedure won’t hurt a lot, it’s best to get ready before heading to the dental office, to ensure that both the process and the recovery are as painless as possible.
How To Prepare For The Root Canal Treatment?
The best dentist in Irving has come up with tips to prepare for root canal treatment.
- Tobacco and alcohol should be avoided 24 hours before the treatment. The local anesthetic that the dentist will inject into the gums during the treatment may not respond well to alcohol and smoke.
- If the patient isn’t advised by the dentist not to, eating food a couple of hours before the procedure will make recovery much more comfortable. This is because an anesthetic will be injected into the gums during the procedure, which may cause the patient’s mouth to feel numb hours afterward and make it difficult for him/her to eat.
- Most dentists advise patients to take painkillers a few hours before the treatment. This will help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- There is no such thing as too many inquiries while visiting a dental office. It’s essential to understand the full process and know what is actually happening in its entirety. Also, get a clear idea of what to eat after the treatment.
- The human body recovers faster when at rest. Make sure you get plenty of sleep because most “repairs” are carried out while a person is sleeping off. This will help you recover from the procedure as quickly as possible.
We hope that going through this blog has helped you know the tips to follow while preparing for root canal treatment. Give us a call today to know more. Book an appointment with the Dental Artistry Of Irving if you are looking for the best root canal treatment in Irving, TX.
Are you tired of having stained and discolored teeth? Are your homemade tricks failing to whiten your teeth? Then you need to visit your reliable local dentist to get professional teeth whitening treatment. This professional treatment has gained a huge amount of popularity over the years. Yes, it is possible to buy over-the-counter remedies for your yellow teeth, but visiting your local dentist and discussing various options to whiten your teeth, may prove to be the best decision you have ever made. However, let us know more about what is professional teeth whitening treatment and its benefits.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
The treatment of teeth whitening performed by qualified dentists does not take a lot of time. It is not a complicated process. The dentist must be skilled to avoid any kind of potential injury to the patient’s gum during the cleaning procedure. The dentist uses costly tools that are prepped before starting the procedure. When all said and done, the whole treatment usually takes around 60 to 90 minutes to complete. There are several measures taken by the dentist to deliver the best results for his or her patients:
- Firstly, the dentist records the current shade of your teeth
- Secondly, your teeth are polished by various tools to remove plaque and tartar.
- Thirdly, your mouth will be left to dry with the help of gauze. Retractors are used to keep your tongue, cheeks, and lips away from your teeth.
- Fourthly, a barrier will be inserted to prevent your gums from getting exposed to the whitening solution.
- Fifthly, Carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide will be used to bleach and whiten your teeth.
- Sixthly, the whitening agent will be cured and a special laser or light may be used to activate the peroxide.
- Lastly, your teeth will be rinsed and a fluoride agent may be applied to lessen sensitivity. Your dentist will schedule further visits for you.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
When you thoroughly examine the facts, there are no negative aspects to getting your teeth professionally cleaned by your dentist. Moreover, there are other benefits of investing in this treatment other than getting dazzling pearly white teeth:
- Meticulous Cleaning and Whitening of Teeth: This treatment really delivers results and provides long-term results if it is done by professional dentists.
- Dependable and Inexpensive Treatment: Occasionally, most OTC kits and homemade remedies fail to work and do more damage than good. Therefore, professional teeth whitening treatment provided by dentists is extremely safe and costs less than other options.
- It Improves the Appearance of Your Teeth: This treatment is known to work and makes your teeth appear whiter and healthy.
- It Helps You Regain Your Self-esteem: Professional teeth whitening treatment gives you a dazzling smile that makes you feel bold and confident.
We hope our blog has helped you in understanding the benefits of professional teeth whitening treatment. If you are looking for the best cosmetic dentistry services in Roselle Road, Irving, then please get in touch with us. Our team of Irving dentists strives to provide you with the best dental care and services.